South Korea loses 0-1 to Peru to make it ‘one draw, two losses’ under Klinsmann

The South Korean national soccer team, led by Jürgen Klinsmann, lost 0-1 at home to Peru in a June A match on Saturday at 8 p.m. at the Busan Asiad Stadium. The result brings Klinsmann’s record to 1-0-2.

South Korea was plagued by defensive lapses from the start of the match. In the fifth minute, South Korean right fullback Ahn Hyun-beom spilled the ball under pressure from Peruvian Brian Reina on the right flank of the South Korean box. The ball was collected by Paolo Guerrero on the left side of the Korean penalty box and he unleashed a right-footed curling shot into the top right corner of the goal, but Kim Seung-gyu got out of the way to make the save.

South Korea eventually conceded in the 11th minute. Peruvian striker Paolo Guerrero exchanged passes with a teammate in front of the South Korean penalty box before slipping a pass to Brian Reina on the left side of the box. Reina fired a left-footed shot into the top right corner of the South Korean goal to give Peru a 1-0 lead. Ahn Hyeon-beom abandoned Reina and closed down Guerrero in the middle of the box, but the defense failed and Reina was free and unmarked for an easy goal.

For South Korea, Lee Kang-in created a good chance. In the 33rd minute of the first half, Lee received a pass from Hwang Hee-chan on the right flank of the Peruvian box, took a touch to the center and fired a left-footed curling shot. It was such a threatening shot that Peruvian goalkeeper Pedro Gueyeze had to scramble to save it.

However, South Korea was unable to create much of anything after that and went into halftime trailing Peru 0-1. It was a disappointing first half for the Koreans, who had a 50-50 share of possession and the same number of shots on goal (7 and 1), but conceded a goal to Peru.

Korea squandered a golden opportunity in the second half. In the 17th minute, Hwang Hee-chan broke away from the opposition on the left flank, dribbled and sent a low left-footed cross into the box. Lee Kang-in exquisitely flicked the ball on and Oh Hyun-gyu, who caught the ball in front of the goal, fell down and connected with a right-footed shot, but the outstretched goalkeeper was able to get a hand on the ball, ending the chance. South Korea made a change in the 18th minute of the second half, taking off Oh Hyun-gyu and Lee Jae-sung and introducing Cho Kyu-sung and Hong Hyun-seok. 스포츠토토

Lee Kang-in also scored with his head. In the 28th minute, Hwang Hee-chan sent in a cross with his left foot from the left flank of the Peruvian box. In the space on the right side of the box created by Cho Kyu-sung luring the defense in front of him, Lee Kang-in took the one-bound header. Unfortunately, he was denied by a diving save from Peruvian goalkeeper Gajese. In the 32nd minute, it looked like a repeat of Lee Kang-in’s goal against Ghana at the World Cup in Qatar when his left-footed ball from the right side of the Peruvian box was met by Cho Kyu-sung’s header, but it went just wide left of the post.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *