Hong Hyun-seok is floating in London. Attention is focusing on whether he will lead Gent to the quarterfinals.
Gent will play the second leg of the quarterfinals of the European Football Federation (UEFA) Europa Conference League (UECL) in the 2022-23 season against West Ham United at London Stadium in London, England at 4:00 am (Korean time) on the 21st.
The first leg at the home of Ghent ended in a 1-1 draw. West Ham took the lead through Danny Ings goal in the 45th minute of the first half, but Hugo Kuipers equalized in the 12th minute of the second half to make it 1-1. Both teams put in a large number of strikers to score. However, there was no additional goal and it ended 1-1. The direction of the semifinal ticket was decided in the second game.
Hong Hyun-seok started in the first game and played until the 19th minute in the second half. He recorded 32 ball touches, 1 key pass, 1 successful cross, and 3 successful ground contests. He is likely to start the second game as well. The UEFA official website predicted the starting lineup while previewing the match between Ghent and West Ham, but Hong Hyun-seok was included. Hong Hyun-seok plans to score against West Ham at the London Stadium.
Hong Hyun-seok is showing good form after coming to Gent ahead of this season. In the league, he scored 5 goals and 6 assists in 30 appearances. He also appeared in 11 games in the UECL and contributed to the quarterfinals by posting 1 goal and 3 assists. He is the core of the Hent attack development and shows his presence with his cover ability, mobility, and opportunity creation ability. His last league game is receiving a lot of attention to the extent that South Korean coach Jurgen Klinsmann is watching. 메이저사이트
West Ham can’t just look at UECL. It is 15th in the English Premier League (EPL), four points behind Nottingham Forest, which is in the relegation zone and 18th. Despite a lot of investment, sluggishness continued, and the future of coach David Moyes is also uncertain. The situation is so shaky that even talk of a successor director comes out. EPL retention is more important than UECL, but they are aiming for victory as much as it is held at home.
The data analysis company ‘Five 38’ estimated the probability of Hent’s semifinal as 30%. On the other hand, West Ham scored high at 70%. Hent wants to overturn the low probability and cause a change. Coach Hein van Hadserbrueck said, “I want to reach the semi-finals. I hope the semi-finals will be the most important game of the season. The goal we lost to West Ham in the first leg was a mistake. If we lose, we will regret it forever.” I made up my mind.